October 8, 2011

Severed Halloween Fingers



It is getting closer to one of my favorite times of the year. HALLOWEEN!!! I look for all kinds of ways to enjoy time with my little ones while they are still very young. It is just my way of creating memories for them.

To get them into the Halloween spirit, I decided to surprise them today with Severed Fingers. This is my very first attempt, so be easy on me y'all. I have admitted time and time again that the kitchen and I are just acquaintances, not quite friends. 

I used the sugar cookie dough recipe I found on Monique's blog at Yes, Divas Can Cook!. She also has her very own version of Halloween Severed Witch Finger Cookies.

I attempted to make a video, but I ran into a few operator errors. lol.

Ingredients:
Sugar cookie dough
Almonds
Red decorating gel
Cookie sheet

STEPS:
 (Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
1. Take a teaspoon amount of cookie dough and roll into a snake pattern.
2. Ssqueeze the dough to form knuckles.
3. Place the finger on a cookie sheet.
4. Use the tip of a spoon or a knife to make indentations on the dough to resemble wrinkles.
5. Use an almond as a finger nail.
6. Let cookies bake for about 20 minutes. 
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. Squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel around almond to resemble blood.

Tip: Dough make be weaker around the knuckle area. I broke a few fingers and decided to add a slivered almond to the bottom/top of the broken halves to resemble broken bones, along with more red gel for blood.
 My very first batch. I was a pro by the third batch (shown at the top of this post)

ENJOY!



0 comments:

Post a Comment