March 19, 2011

How to Make Banana Pudding

Yep, you know it! It's my favorite day of the week again, Sinful Saturday!! The only day of the week when I kick the healthy eating and allow myself and my family to indulge!

Banana pudding is one of my southern favorites and because I am in no way a natural cook, I took this recipe from my cooking savor Monique from Yes, Divas Can Cook 

What I love best about this pudding is that it is ready instantly and is a quick "just put it together" recipe for gatherings. I made it last night so that it would be nice and cold for me the next day. I found it hard not to take tiny bites while making it, but I was able to resist. OHHH, THE TORTURE!!!


Again, ignore the date on the pics. Whenever I correct the date, it just goes back to 01/01/2008. I better do something about it soon, because my memories are going to be off by two or three years!

Ingredients

3-6 bananas
2 boxes of instant Vanilla pudding
2 cups of milk
1 box of Nilla Wafers (use as many wafers as you like, I use the whole box)
8 oz. container of Cool Whip
8 oz. container of sour cream

1.) In a bowl, combine 2 packs of pudding and 2 cups of milk. Stir until creamy.

2.) Add in 8 oz of sour cream and 4 oz (half the container) of cool whip. Stir until combined.

3.) In a dish, add a layer of wafers and chopped bananas.

My camera battery died at this point. So, no more pics. :(

4. ) Add a large spoonful of the pudding mixture and spread evenly over the wafer and bananas.

5.) Repeat the layering process, ending with the pudding mixture.

6.) Spread on the remaining Cool Whip

7.) Top with Nilla Wafers 

ENJOY!!

To view a video of Monique making this pudding, Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment