July 22, 2011

Tuna Patty Lettce Wraps


My mother has been making her version of tuna patties for as long as I can remember. I do not know anyone else who makes these besides myself. They have been a staple in my weekly meal plans. There are so easy to make  and are extremely delicious! My mother did not know it at the time, but they do make for a healthy meal! Of course, when my mother made them she would use  whole eggs, throw on a thick slice of cheese and would often make sandwiches with them. I loved seeing these on the dinner table (sometimes they were served for breakfast). I slightly tweaked mom's recipe to fit my new lifestyle.

RECIPE (If I can really call it that! They are soooo easy)
Makes about 6 patties

Ingredients:
1 whole egg
3 egg whites (mom only used whole eggs)
1 can of tuna (sometimes I leave the oil in, drain if using water based tuna)
large romaine lettuce leaves (one for each patty).
1 sliced avocado
1 diced tomato

Directions:
Step 1: Blend all ingredients together and beat with a whisk or fork.
Step 2: Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 3: Pour a small amount of tuna and egg mixture into skillet. (about 4 inches in diameter)
Step 4: When the patty slightly bubbles, flip. (same as you would a pancake).
Step 5: Cook until the mixture is fully cooked on both sides.
Step 6: Place each cooked patty on one lettuce leaf.
Step 7: Evenly top wraps with sliced avocado and diced tomatoes.

If you are running short on time, simply scramble the tuna and egg mixture. It taste exactly the same. You can make a salad with the scrambled version or still makes wraps like I did in the picture below. Add whatever fixing you want. (just keep it within your diet plan). ENJOY! 


1 comments:

Rashida Singh said...

It looks WONDERFUL!! I am now following you please follow me:)

Post a Comment